Search This Blog

Friday, July 2, 2010

Life @ IITD

Damn! Its been ages since my last post, more so because I promised myself that I would post everyday, even more so since I had a computer with free internet about 15 hours a day!! Truth is, I was (and am) too wrapped up in my life here....I didn't even fill in about the second half about my pets, but honestly, life's more happening right now!!
I landed here on a hot night with papa. Soon enough, I shifted to hostel. My rumy is a pretty amusing little girl (Su). I owe her a lot for waking me up on time, else I would have ended up missing my breakfast everyday....people here prefer early dinners, at about 7.30. And the tummy starts bawling again at 1.30-2. I'll never forget how we guzzled down all those packets of junk food late at night while we had those movie-marathons. That day, I think it was 29th june, I met an old Ajmer friend (Khu). Since then, Su,Khu and mu (oriya for me) hang out everyday for meals and stuff...and all that craziness we did....rating guys,ragging Su (she's a year junior) and more, getting lost 10metres away from hostel and stuff I cant reveal here.
At my workplace (my lab), there are a bunch of awesome people too....besides anyone else, there are 3 people I like being with most: Vipsteen (no, not his name, his password, that I tease him about), Anshu**** and Ki***Di (Lets say, KiDdy). V is from Jallandhar, Anshu-meerut and KiDdy's from here. Anshu goes off early after that V, KiDdy and I work till late at night, about 1.Yeah, life's strenuous, but awesome....no restrictions, nothing. My prof gave me a nice fat book and said "don't sleep today, finish by tomorrow, give me a 'talk' at 10". So after finishing lab at 1:05 am, we three went to a popular hang-out place, called WindT yesterday. I don't remember what nonsense we talked, but it certainly wasn't about wind turbines (my topic). But I remember the awesome cups of coffee we had and the horrible sandwiches too, but who cares when you are really thirsty and hungry? We returned about 4.30 and we had to walk fast with heads bowed...to avoid the suspicious glares from the first batch of morning walkers :(. Then I studied till 5.30 or so until my rumy begged me to sleep (bless her!) and woke up at 10.30, watched some movie till 11.30, slept again and woke up at 1.30 when Khu dragged me with her for lunch (bless her too). Its when I came back to my room and saw my dry brush on my bed, I realized I had forgotten to brush today!! Who cares? Paalak paneer would have given my mouth the same stink anyway!!
And so life carries on....I'll keep updating for sure....got lots to tell, but there's a lot of work to do...

3 comments:

  1. Aye!!!
    You Write Awesome...but Its not jallandhar,its Jalandhar.
    Tu puttar bhot sweet aaa...

    vipsteen

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @veeppoool: (:P)
    thnx n srry 4 d spellng mistke!! n hindi me bol last line...i dnt knw punjabi :(

    ReplyDelete