Search This Blog

Monday, July 5, 2010

4th july....I day I messed up :(

Yesterday started off good, but finished in the worst way I could imagine...I had gone over to one of my brother's place at Noida and the weekend was awesome (barring Argentina losing to Germany). It started to rain on Sunday evening, just as we were setting out back to my hostel. Anyways, we reached my hostel at about 11. My friends I mentioned in my last post- Su and Khu were waiting up for me. In the awesome rain, in our pajamas we took a walk through the couple-strewn streets. By the time we reached the all-night coffee house, we were totally wet and our legs till the knees were brown-black from splashing through every single dirty puddle en route.
Anyone, who has a longing for "good life" should try a coffee in a rain shower....the feeling is awesome- the cold water drops gently caressing your face and hands and the hot tasty coffee slowly snaking and spreading its warmth through your oesophagus...oops!! I guess that spoils a nice romantic feel-line, but then again, I'm not much of a writer anyway or a romanticist either!!
Anyways, at about 12.04am, my phone beeped. It was from (the B at the last stands for Bhai- brother). "Check the date now" the message read. "What? 5th July, 00.04, y?" I typed back. And then it struck, his birthday had just passed by....and I hadn't wished. Its not that I didn't remember his birthday...it was that I had forgotten that what date it was.....I do that a lot, even forgot my parents' anniversary once. I am bad with dates, I keep forgetting them (even forgot yours, SS, sorry, and my apologies to a handful of other people :( ). And I felt more guilty than after my power electronics sem paper (that I didn't study well for an easy paper). I swear I could do anything to go back just a few hours....but that wasn't to be. So finally my guilt lessened a little after I had made him promise that he would forget my birthday too and wish me when I asked him to on 00.04 on 13th....and I really beg you to stick to that, B....I do not wish to add to your list of things which "prove" I'm "stupid"...:(:(....
So its 5th and raining again...

No comments:

Post a Comment