Search This Blog

Thursday, June 17, 2010

You are an earhole--part 2

The part one of this true story got a nice comment from a reader, who thought about my (apparent) deafness and as he said, was so touched that he swore to keep away from his headphones. That's when I contemplated not writing the 2nd part. If it would help some-one, why not? But sorry M,had to,2 reasons: first,people might start sympathizing with me and second, turn themselves sore by shouting at me when they wanted to make conversation (and so might actually turn me deaf)
So what happened next was quite obvious.The headphones were blamed mercilessly and were shelved. I went to this nice pretty ear-doc (I say that because I never came about to learning the spelling of that term). She examined my ear and gave her verdict: something I realized was embarrassing enough to make it to the 2nd position of the world's-most-disgusting-disorders (according to me)--ear wax clog. Ewww!! Mama said she would disown me if she could (she was joking of course). What the hell- I would disown my ears if I could (and I'm NOT joking, of course!). They were the instrument of my public embarrassment, its still a joke in the family! Anyways had it cleaned of all the ear-poop and so got back my normal auditory receptions.
Back home, as I wiped the dust off my player and plugged back the headphones, I said casually to papa, with a smug smile: "Anyhow you see this and that as related?".
"Sure", he said, "It was a self-protection mechanism of your ears to block out the terrible music you listen to and call rock".
Yes, you cant win an argument with parents. But since this story is over, I wonder why I chose this obviously-disgusting topic to write about (I asked A how was it, pat comes the reply : "yuck" :( ). But who cares? This is my blog n I'm a 4th year ;). Tc till next

No comments:

Post a Comment