Search This Blog

Friday, June 18, 2010

Waka Waka Woof Woof---Just another day at work...for everyone!!

(T)
Football is pretty addictive.It didn't spare us either.This morning, again, Papa, me and our pet dog, G had a nice round of football (albeit with a tennis-ball, but yeah-whatever!). Well, honestly, what papa and I was playing seemed more like it, but G had his own signature style that he desperately demonstrated. Prob was, we normal bipeds did not quite warm up to the idea of transforming into quadrupeds, then run about crazy with the ball in our mouths, Zidane-ing everyone else.
The part of the town I live in is peaceful and pretty much the same, since- at least since papa was a kid. There are no malls, supermarkets; even if there would have been , I'm sure few would have given a hoot about it. People would have stuck to the little crammed homely shops. I went out yesterday. Papa was purchasing some stuff and I was perched on his bike, watching people cross the thin lane.
The shop opposite was one of those shops that make you wonder how they even, so as to say-"make their ends meet". This one was small, just enough for one person to sit in. It was of blue wood with a pay-phone hanging in front, jars with cheap cookies and insignificant this and that I was sure no-one would ever waste money on. The shop owner, say Mr. X had a nice calm poise, his eyes were closed and was totally engrossed as he sang along with a melodious oriya song on his radio. I couldn't catch the lyrics but I thought then it sounded a lot like an oriya version of Rabindra Sangeet. As before, i started wondering how he even afforded his dinner. At that moment, I got my answer. his eyes still shut, his body swaying with the music, his tawny thin hand reached up to one of his jars and I watched in mild surprise as he nibbled down his own cookies.
Back home, mama tsked at the incident "what loss to have to eat what you intend to sell".
Either that or he eats a couple of cookies then goes home and says to his wife "I am not hungry" and so saves on a meal. Thinking about that kind peaceful brown old face, I know which it would be

No comments:

Post a Comment