Search This Blog

Monday, December 13, 2010

Late to Bed, Late to Rise!!!

(Forgot the date I wrote this)
"statutory warning----it may be psychologically damaging to some of you, resulting in your getting disgusted about maggi, gupchup, ice-lollies forever"
**this is my most disgusting post ever,so you might want to keep off this**

People who know me well enough are aware of the fact that I am a night-creature.....I prefer working at nights than when the sun is up, my brain works best after the clock strikes 12. Anyways, here I am, its 4.45am and I am totally rejuvenated after my quota of coffee and Top-Ramen (Hey TR is actually better than maggi!)
The best thing about nights is the silence, just punctuated by the occasional owl and tonight, the cry of trains chugging off far away. And until 3, somewhere a radio was spewing out oldies too....and honestly, the static orchestrated "dil ka haal sune dilwala" was something I'd gladly wake up every night to listen to....(yeah, I really get senti over nostalgia). Also, ma's asleep so no more "wear your socks, wear your tracks, pull over your poncho" and the worst "Drink milk".....Papa's asleep too, so there's no-one to tell me "You will go deaf" at my on-spot-hiphopping to the loud decibels from my player. Goldy is asleep too so no more nibbling my feet, running off with my pens or licking my library books. Although I really do miss it! And the best part is coffee and TR. I am more of the microwave-cook and I know a few elaborate dishes only, so TR is the only option post-midnight when I am hungry. And that is another reason why I drive myself to sit up at night....coz otherwise ma doesn't let me have TR at decent meal-times. Here's why
Sometime back, she read some article about why Maggi is harmful. Something about wax-coatings over those strings and MSG in that tastemaker. I tried my best to convince her with an I-know-better-because-I-am-an-engineer looks that it was just a marketing blotch by maggi's competitive brand, but it did not have any effect. So she dissuaded me ever since. Until I resorted to elaborate "Maggi-purification" techniques (ask me if you want to know, I am not going to write about it here). So she tried to make poor innocent Maggi seem disgusting to me by saying they looked like "boiled earthworms floating about in water, speckled with their own shit". But I am a zoologist's daughter- I had nil disgust-factor. So I put up an over-dramatised act of pleasure, saying "Yeah, the sensation of sinking your teeth into that warm soft earthworm body and biting off pieces and feel them slither down your throat- almost rippling with live vitality is the ultimate feeling...mmmmmmm......and they should cultivate these worms and market their shit, its yummy".....I am not reponsible if you stop eating maggi/TR, but ma almost did!
Ma is talented of thinking up weird possible-sources of junk food, hoping someday "the girl inside will wake up, get disgusted by my words and stop eating junk". Hah! I killed her long back. Those ice-dollies and "gola" (at my irresistible list #3), according to her, come from the water corpses were frozen in.....months back. I do not know why or who needs to freeze corpses but I sure did fire back to disgust her even more "were those bodies rotten, because I can swear I got a deliciously tangy non-vegy smell each time I lick it".And she really doesnt understand why I avoid gupchup at home. I told her once that her's weren't as spicy or had that-something that roadside gupchup stalls have. To that she retorted "Know what's that-something? Its the sweat he scraped off his anatomy and snot he picks out from his nose".And I fire back "Do that, then maybe I shall favor your gupchups too". No, I do not feed on blood or carcass at night, that's just my way of demonstrating that no matter what, I will forever be loyal to these roadside stuffs. And anyway, Bear Grylls does inspire me a lot. And i am sure by now you do not want to know what she and I have to say about tamarind chutney and pickles! And hey, ma's sweet, its just that nothing makes an impact on me unless its delivered with a shock or a big dollop of drama!
Hold on....cockroach....
I am back. I hate these roaches. No disgust, but I have a cold and so I might sleep with my mouth open. In that case, I do not want an arthropod to crawl down my foodpipe. Ma doesnt allow non-veg on mondays,you know.....I did not want to put up a show of its innards on my wall, so I refrained from slapping it with with my slipper. I couldn't find the pesticide spray either so I rummaged in my shelf instead, for something that could help me in a clean murder. And I found my Nike deo. I emptied half the can on it....and it died!! Atleast, it had stopped moving; considering the alcohol content in that deo, it might simply have got drunk and passed out. But if it actually did die, what the hell are we using? And hold it, I would not normally think about wasting expensive deos on insects, but this was a >4 years old one that just had the alcohol content left. Maybe someday I will tell you why I needed to retain that can
Back to topic!! Anyways, its breaking dawn and its beautiful. It starts off with a hen crowing raucously. Why do chicks wail so much anyway? ;). Then follow the birds. That's the best part of staying up! Catch up with you on crazier posts later. Right now, i have got to catch up with a beautiful sunrise
keep rocking!

1 comment:

  1. cockroach story was nice. If possible do post ur story 2 NIKE.unhe bhi nahin maalum hoga ki their product can do double duties.
    keep it up dear.........

    ReplyDelete